Monday, June 24, 2013

Boston, Day Two

Snack while walking to the brunch place:
Mint dark chocolate
Brunch at The Friendly Toast, Kendall, Cambridge, MA:
Margarita French toast: oatmeal bread French toast w/lemon tequila curd w/kiwis, strawberries, blueberries & raspberries (shared w/Winnie & Daniel)
(Wow, the tequila definitely revealed itself toward the end. Jenny would have loved this! Good soft texture, and I really liked how I couldn't really taste the egg part. Most French toasts are too eggy for me.)
Daniel's Hansel and Gretel waffle: gingerbread waffle w/pomegranate molasses & whipped cream (ate a bit)
(Not a fan of whipped cream, but I enjoyed the gingerbread waffle. The pomegranate molasses tasted more like raspberries.)
Winnie's egg sandwiches breakfast: poached eggs & spinach on biscuits w/potatoes (ate a small bite)
(I don't eat eggs, so I can't comment on that, but the biscuits weren't up to par with A Bite of Wyoming's. It's hard to mess up on cooked spinach and the potatoes were pretty decent, even though they were a bit salty.)
Snack at Flour Bakery + Cafe, Kendall, Cambridge, MA:
Sticky bun (ate most, gave the rest to Daniel)
(So good. A bit dry, but the sauce was great! Since the honey flavour was so prominent, I think a hint of lavender would have been great but the bun was good as it was.)
Snack at Toscanini's, Central, Cambridge, MA:
Saffron sample
(The saffron flavour wasn't very strong.)
Goat cheese & brownie ice cream, amaretto almond ice cream
(I couldn't detect the goat cheese at all, so the goat cheese & brownie ice cream was disappointing. Really loved the amaretto almond ice cream though. Lots of almond chunks, and the amaretto flavour was strong but not overwhelming.)
Winnie's Vienna bourbon ladyfingers ice cream (ate a spoonful)
(Smooth, but I wasn't a big fan. Tasted a bit too creamy for me.)
Daniel's earl grey ice cream (ate a spoonful)
(Subtle, smooth flavour that lingered for quite a bit. Definitely stronger than Herrell's.)
Snack from Live Alive, Central, Cambridge, MA:
Vibrance alive: ginger, dates, lemon, strawberry & banana smoothie (ordered it w/o maple syrup, shared a bit with Winnie & Daniel)
(It needed more ginger and less strawberries. I wouldn't have minded if there were more dates either. Very refreshing and perfect for the freakishly hot walk back to Harvard.) 
 Sample from Zinneken's, Cambridge, MA:
Bite of Asmaa's liege Belgian waffle w/caramel, banana slices & whipped cream
(I've had better tasting waffles, but the texture of this waffle was very lovely. I'm also not a fan of whipped cream and super sugary waffles, so I wouldn't order this, but the bite I had was good.)
Snacks while on the bus ride back to NYC:
Apricots, dates & nut bread
(Still in love with this bread!)
Rice (ate this w/the curry, Daniel ate the rest)
Leftover veggie curry

No comments :

Post a Comment