Sunday, May 25, 2014

Arrivederci Firenze e ciao Milan!

Catching a late train back to Milan this evening. We're heading to Greece next!

Breakfast:

Leftover fruit, pesto lasagne and salad
(For some reason, this picture won't upload the right-side-up.)
Lunch from Pizzeria Toto, Milan, Italy:
Pesto and tomato pizza
(Randomly found this pizza place while walking around Milan and it turned out to have pretty good pizza!)
Kelly's rosemary potato pizza
Snack from Venchi, Milan, Italy:
Cuor di cacao and cappuccino gelato (+sample of pistachio)
(Strong flavours, but I've had better cappuccino/coffee flavoured gelato. I liked this chocolate one though because there were bits of cacao nibs in it.)
Sample of Kelly's dulce di leche and Amazonian chocolate
Snack from Gelateria della Passera, Milan, Italy:
 Coffee, orange dark chocolate, kiwi and almond gelati (+sample of seven spiced cream)
(The gelato here is amazing and freakishly cheap for the quality - €1/scoop! Since today is our last day in Italy, Kelly and I decided to end it with a sweet bang. Everything I've had here has been delectable, with potent flavours and the usual smooth, creamy texture. I liked the Mona Lisa and pistachio flavours I had last time, but the kiwi and almond gelati hit all the gelati I've ever eaten right out of the ballpark. I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat gelato again without negative thoughts. Both the kiwi and almond flavours were made without milk but their textures weren't compromised at all. Utterly refreshing and quite possibly the last gelato I'll ever eat with pure exhilaration.)
Kelly's passionfruit, kiwi, strawberry and almond gelati
 Snack from Gelateria della Passera, Milan, Italy:
Almond gelato
(This flavour was so good that Kelly and I went back and got our final scoops of gelato. It's like the best marzipan in ice cream form; what's not to love? Everyone who visits Milan must go here and if mandorla is available, get it.)
Dinner:
Pizza, salad, assorted fruit (didn't finish)
Snack while waiting at the train station:
Pizza w/salad

No comments :

Post a Comment