Friday, May 02, 2014

Drammen, Dag 1/ Happy birthday Stephanie and Eva!

Back in Drammen!

Breakfast:
Watermelon, Greek yogurt w/cashews, grapes, muesli & cinnamon
Cashews
Snack (on the way to a hiking trail):
Dark chocolate covered cashew
(Trekking across a bridge to get to Drammen's city center. Isn't the blurry view lovely? I'm a huge fan of taking food photos with "the outdoors" as the background; unfortunately, I'm such a homebody that I rarely venture outside. Maybe one day I will walk outside before each meal just to take advantage of the natural lighting and scenery.)
Snack:
Pecan honey Danish
(Made it halfway up the hill/mountain. I think it's more of a hill, but the view is pretty spectacular so far. Can't wait until I make it to the top! After this hike, I will have done everything Norway - when I looked up "things to do in Norway", every list had eat salmon and hike this, hike that, hike here, hike there and just hike. Well, I've eaten my yearly quota of salmon in about a week and now I've hiked. Done deal.)
Multigrain/seed baguette, cashews
Part of a custard Danish
(See what I mean about natural lighting? I always thought of myself as a city/suburban person, but nature has definitely grown on me. It made eating this custard Danish worthwhile because I normally don't like custard.)
Snack:
Apple
Marble muffin
(My aunt slightly burned the tops of the muffin batch, but the rest of the muffin tasted alright. It was a bit dry.)
Snack:
Licorice candy
Part of a chocolate fish
Dinner:
Some kind of veggie soup w/pepper
(I think this was Chinese spinach or something. I don't know all my Asian veggies.)

Cucumber
Multigrain/seed baguette (2)
Snack:
Cashews
Arraks bollar
(The rum smell was strong. This got overwhelming fast - it was like a multi-textured chocolate rum truffle, emphasis on the rum and sugar. There were also coconut bits in here and I'm allergic, so that may also be the reason why I was not fond of this. My cousin loved it though; he stuffed an entire one in his mouth, decimated it within seconds and popped another one in! Meanwhile, I was still struggling on this one. If you like chocolate, rum and sweets with some chewy and slightly crunchy bits, this may be to your liking.)
Late night snack:
Pecan honey Danish, tea
Candied ginger

No comments :

Post a Comment