Thursday, May 29, 2014

Αντίο Αθήνα, hello London!

Our European travels have come to an end! Kelly and I are heading back to London just in time for me to take my last re-scheduled final. 

Breakfast from Victoria (a food stall near the ΣΤ.ΒΙΚΤΩΡΙΑΣ "Victoria" station), Athens, Greece:
τυρόπιτες
Tiropita/Tyropita
(Feta cheese in a pastry? Sounds heavy and something I would normally shy away from, especially since σπανακόπιτα, or spanakopita, is already too much for me. And that has spinach to mellow out the cheese! Every other Greek edible I've had has been rather disappointing, but I quite liked this! A bit oily, but the pastry wasn't heavy and the warm feta cheese had a nice flavour.)
 Snack (bought from Cafe Veneti near the ΣΤ.ΟΜΟΝΟΙΑΣ "Omonia" station, Athens, Greece):
Λουκουμάς 
Loukoumas 
(I had higher expectations for these because everyone raves about how amazing they are. It tasted kind of like a steamed honey-flavoured cake with a light honey drizzle. I suppose I can see why people enjoy them, but these are not my thing.)
(pl.) Λουκουμάδες
(pl.) Loukoumades
(Here's a picture of the intact balls.)
Snack on the shuttle back to central London: 
Lots of granola
Snack:
Salad
Snack:
Granola w/yogurt
Snack:
Brown rice cake
Snack:
OJ
Snack:
Yogurt w/cacao powder
Snack:
Cucumber
Snack:
Frozen banana slices, OJ & yogurt
Snack:
Brown rice cake
Snack:
Brown rice cake

No comments :

Post a Comment