Thursday, May 22, 2014

Milan, Giorno 1

Breakfast:
Leftover pizza
Early lunch from Panzerotti Luini, Milan, Italy:
Baked tomato & mozzarella panzerotti
(Freakishly delicious - I can taste why there's always a crowd here. The bread was soft and chewy, a texture that I wish all breadsticks could attain. Every bite was never ending, as the mozzarella strands spun their strands into my mouth and refused to break. The balance between the tomato and mozzarella was on point and I couldn't have asked for a better meal. This is what those frozen pizza pockets want to be.)
Baked veggies panzerotti
(Not even on the scale of the baked tomato and mozzarella one. I hate mushrooms and this was loaded with them. The filling was also incredibly salty and the aftertaste was a bit off-putting. I did enjoy the bread though.)
Bite of Kelly's fried spinach & ricotta panzerotti
(A bit heavy for me, but still very delicious. The fried aspect is also rather minimal; it wasn't very greasy or oily at all!)
Snack from Ciccolati Italiani, Milan, Italy:
Pistachio and strawberry gelati in a dark chocolate filled cone
(More deliciousness! Loved the strawberry flavour, especially when I reached the cone because chocolate and strawberries always make a winning pair. The pistachio was a bit creamy for my tastes, but still superb.)
Kelly's milk chocolate and white chocolate rose gelati in a milk chocolate filled cone
(I couldn't taste much of the rose, but the white chocolate was strong.)
Snack from a "Biscotti artigianali di Bretagne" stand in front of the Castello Sforzesco, Milan, Italy:

Petit beurre Breton con burro bretone
Bretone butter cookie
"Roze Fraise" con marmellata di fragole
 Rose with strawberry jam cookie
(The cookie was a bit hard for me; I like my "thumbprint cookies" softer so that I can break them in half. This was very buttery though.)
"Gingembre": allo zenzero
Ginger cookie
(Not gingery enough.)
"Karretas": burro e mandorla tostata
Butter and almond cookie
(My favourite of the bunch. Crunchy with lots of added texture from the almonds. The buttery flavour was rather subtle at first but became more prominent after several nibbles.)
Snack from La Bottega del Gelato, Milan, Italy: 
Peach and pistachio stracciatella gelati (+samples of avocado, pink grapefruit)
(I liked this pistachio gelato because it had little bits of chocolate in it, normally the only stracciatella flavour features a vanilla/cream base. The peach was very refreshing, but I don't think it went very well with the pistachio.)
Kelly's avocado and cream gelati
(The avocado gelato tastes like refridgerated whipped avocados. So good.)

No comments :

Post a Comment