Thursday, May 01, 2014

Dagstur til Sverige

I'm going on a short road trip to Sweden today and then heading back to Drammen tonight! Apparently the Swedish are all about their candy and meat, so this ought to be interesting.

Early Breakfast:
Vanilla yogurt w/frozen blueberries, muesli & cinnamon
(I saw a commerical with yogurt, strawberries and muesli last night and wanted a bowl so badly. Woke up extra early to eat some and read more of this book.)
Breakfast:
Oatmeal w/carrots, cherry tomatoes, arugula, spinach & pepper
(This combination is such a winner.)
Lunch at Istanbul in Nordby Köpcenter, Strömstad, Sweden:
Cheese pizza (ate about a fourth), tomatoes, chickpeas & pineapples (2)
(Plain pizza is always a safe bet. Wasn't a fan of the crust, but I loved the salad bar. Ate a lot of tomatoes, chickpeas and pineapples.)
One of Tia's falafels
 Snack (from Gottebiten in Nordby Köpcenter, Strömstad, Sweden): 
Assorted candy (didn't eat all of it)
(Candy! So much candy. Rows and rows of candy in multiple candy shops. If I were a decade and a half younger and living near Sweden, I would have developed diabetes. I wanted to find some Swedish fish, but there weren't any! Not that I wanted to buy pounds of it, but it would have been cool to see Swedish fish in Sweden.)
Roadside Picnic:
Pecan honey Danish
Multigrain/seed baguette (2)
(I like this bread.)
Sweden is apparently famous for its ribs. Here is a picture of said ribs, featuring Tia. Sorry, but I don't like ribs.
(Participating in a family tradition. My Norwegian side said that they eat hot ribs and bread in the car before heading home every single time they go to Sweden. I didn't eat any of the ribs but felt like I should showcase one.)
Snack:
Grapes
Watermelon (3)
Cashews
 Late dinner:
Tea, cabbage soup w/pepper

No comments :

Post a Comment