Monday, June 16, 2014

Good-bye, Haylie!

 My dog is going home today. :( I gave her away years ago and luckily, the real owner empathizes with me so whenever I'm home from school, she allows me to care for Haylie.

Breakfast:
Strawberries, blueberries, pineapples, peaches, sour mangoes
Corn, tofu & rau đay soup
 Afternoon Tea with Jenny at Satori Tea Co., San Jose, CA:
Irish breakfast tea w/milk
(Jenny and I tried to order a new tea, but we both couldn't make the jump to a flavoured or scented tea.)
Scones & crumpets w/berries, lemon curd, raspberry jam & clotted cream
(Why are the crumpets topped now?! And the clotted cream now resembles butter.  The new addition of berries is a nice touch, but I'm quite disappointed in the clotted cream and topped crumpets. The scones are still good though and the heart shapes go along with the quirky yet endearing decor. I think this place has gotten more popular and while I'm very happy for Victoria and her mother -if they are still the owners- I'm a bit saddened by the minor changes in quality and menu.)
The entire set-up.
(It's still an adorable place though.)
 Snack:
Homegrown blackberry
(This wasn't ready yet. Very sour.)
Snack:
Rice pancake w/cucumber, tofu & peanut sauce
Dinner with Eva at Bún Bò Huế An Nam - Story Rd., San Jose, CA
Phở không thịt 
Pho without meat (even though the broth is still beef based)
(Tastes like regular pho, although I think I added way too much sauce and jalapenos. Spicy! I also forgot to order the pho without any scallions. Yuck.) 
Dessert from Wendy's, San Jose, CA: 
Chocolate Frosty cone from Eva
(Thanks for the Frosty, Eva! I think this is my first time at Wendy's and definitely my first Frosty. It was a bit icy, but the chocolate flavour was super strong and the waffle cone was fresh-tasting. I hate it when fast food places have stale cones! This was a good introduction to Wendy's, except the drive-thru was a bit awkward.)

No comments :

Post a Comment