Friday, June 20, 2014

First Day in the "Fields"

After numerous Skype meetings, I finally get to meet several of the team members in person!

Brunch:
Hummus sandwich
(Yes, I'm aware that there's more lettuce than sandwich.)
Snack at Gooey Looie's, Philadelphia, PA:
Mango water ice
(It's quite similar to a sorbet but a little on the sweet side. Not bad. My first Philly water ice! It was complimentary too, since today is Gooey Looie's thirtieth  year anniversary.)
Dinner (from Gooey Looie's, Philadelphia, PA): 
1/3 of a mixed cheese hoagie, spinach, apple
(From the top, this hoagie looks a bit unassuming. But from the side, this thing is a beast! For the real cheese steak hoagie, imagine the cheese and lettuce as meat and the tomatoes as cheese. I haven't eaten meat in awhile, and I can't decide if I should just keep it this way or start eating meat again, especially since I'm in a city with good food. Anyway, for a cheese sandwich, this was quite good. I don't think I could have eaten the whole thing or even half. I really needed that extra spinach to dilute the strong cheese flavour.)
                  To give you a sense of how large that hoagie is.
Just look at that thick pile of cheese!
Late night dessert (from Winnie!): 
Chocolate rum cake (2) w/almond milk
(Got a package from Winnie, who bought this chocolate rum cake in Canada! My first Canadian treat, I believe. Thank you Winnie!!! I was a bit skeptical at first because my dad's co-worker gave him some chocolate rum cake, and it was disappointing. However, this was great! Extremely moist and chocolate-y with a punch of rum. I liked how balanced the chocolate and rum flavours were, and I really enjoyed the little morsels of crushed pecans and whatnot on top. Great textural contrast to the soft cake. I actually ended up eating two slices.)

No comments :

Post a Comment