Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Kelly's last day in Europe!

Also seeing Hozier this evening.

"Afternoon" Tea in The Tea Room at Harrods, London, England:
Assam tea and Kelly's chamomile tea
(The Assam tea wasn't bad, but rather weak for my expectations. I thought it would be a lot stronger.)
Scones and tea fancies
(Shared all with Kelly!)

Scones w/clotted cream and assorted jams (not pictured)
(Both scones were pretty good. Crusty exterior and a soft, fluffy interior. The clotted cream was rather disappointing, resembling whipped butter, and the jams weren't fresh. I think Satori spoiled me.)
Chocolate fudge cake: chocolate fudge cake w/chunky chocolate bits
(The best cake out of the five Kelly and I chose. Extremely chocolatey and fudgey - the description was spot on.)
Parma violet delice: white chocolate and violet cream on dark chocolate fudge
(It looked so elegant and tasted like it too. The violet cream was an acquired taste; Kelly and I both felt like we were eating flowery perfume. I didn't mind it toward the end, but I definitely needed the strong chocolate flavour to slightly mask the violet.)
Lemon meringue slice: lemon curd on a shortbread biscuit w/baked meringue
(Our least favourite. I don't like meringue much and this was just too much for me. The texture was also on the gelatinous side in a bad way.)
Victoria sandwich: layered sponge w/vanilla cream and jam
(This reminded me of a princess cake or a female child's birthday cake. Interpret that as you wish.)
Sticky toffee pudding gâteaux: layered toffee and date cake
(The toffee was very pronounced and I'm glad they put the tiny gold decor on top; it provided a nice textural contrast. This was the sweetest cake and if I was a big fan of toffee/caramel, I would have loved it.)
Samples in Whole Foods - Kensington, London, England:
Mint & chocolate bar, apple cinnamon bar
(Not bad! Both flavours were very good.)
Bread
Dinner at Whole Foods - Kensington, London, England:
Ciabatta, assorted salads
(Kelly and I always seem to find ourselves in Whole Foods. I'm not complaining one bit. The ciabatta was also ridiculously good. Fluffy, pillowy interior with a crusty exterior. Perfection.)
Snack:
Ciabatta
Snack:
Ciabatta
Snack:
Ciabatta (ate most, gave the rest to Kelly)

No comments :

Post a Comment