Sunday, June 22, 2014

One Year Later

Met up with Gino and his friends today to watch the USA vs Portugal game! It's been a year since I last saw this dude.

Post-workout drink:
Spinach, romaine lettuce, banana, pb & almond milk smoothie
(My flatmate was a bit skeptical about this smoothie, but I think she liked it! The almond milk surprisingly overpowered the peanut butter, so it just tasted like textured almond milk.)
Brunch:
1/6 of a mixed cheese hoagie w/spinach & romaine lettuce
(I am never going to finish this hoagie!)
Snack:
Pb
Marzipan dark chocolate (2)
(It's a chocolate weekend.)
Snack:
Marzipan dark chocolate (2)
Snack:
Almond milk, dinner roll w/pb & banana slices
Dinner while watching the game at City Tap House, Philadelphia, PA:
Yards Love Stout (Nitro): "4.5% chocolatey, seductive and earthy - a Philly classic!"
(I like chocolate and it's a Philly classic, so how could I not get this? Everyone who sampled this told me that they could taste the chocolate, that it tasted like dark bitter chocolate, but I couldn't taste it! The flavour resembled coffee more than chocolate to me, which isn't bad because I do like coffee but I guess I was kind of disappointed.)
Mezze plate: hummus, falafel, roasted eggplant w/feta, cucumbers & tzaziki, roasted tomato tapenade, flatbread
(The falafels and eggplant w/feta were extremely salty. I liked the roasted tomato tapenade and random edamame side the best. Everything else was rather mediocre or much too salty.)
Sample of the "honey mustard"
(It has a spicy twang to it. More dijon mustard than honey mustard.)
The setting
Late night snack:
Marzipan dark chocolate

No comments :

Post a Comment