Thursday, January 08, 2015

Monica Visits, Day 2

Brunch at The People's Pint, Greenfield, MA:
Special ploughman's platter: apple, apple thyme applesauce, cheddar cheese, salted almonds, leek & onion cinnamon scone (shared w/sister)
(The platter was a bit polarised; the apples, cheese and nuts naturally complemented each other, and the cheese and scone were a great pairing as well. The applesauce was like an outsider, only really pairing nicely with the scone although I thought its flavour overpowered the herbs. I prefer my apples crisp, this was rather soft. The scone also tasted like a leek and onion cheese scone, not cinnamon.)
Salmon burger (shared w/sister)
(Extremely salty. My sister and I both tried just the patty first and I nearly choked. The buns and greens diluted the saltiness, but not by much. Toward the end, my sister and I added the apple thyme applesauce to the salmon and it was a huge hit. The sweet tartness of the sauce complemented the salty salmon patty perfectly! Also noteworthy is that the patty was actually fishy; too many places have fish dishes that do not smell/taste like fish.)
Portobello walnut burger (shared w/sister)
(Nice chewy texture with some crunch from walnut bits. This patty was not salty, something I very much appreciated, but could have used a lot more flavour. I think there was some sauce on one side of the bun, but there was too little for me to distinguish what it was, and the mound of greens further diluted the patty flavour.)
Working at Rao's Coffee, Amherst, MA:
Chai latte w/cinnamon
(I guess they made a soy chai latte by accident. Regardless, this was super sweet and not something I would get again.)
Dinner:
Baked sweet potato
Snack:
Apple chips, assorted salsa w/chips

No comments :

Post a Comment