Sunday, January 04, 2015

When the werewolves howl*,

my mother and meat-loving sister become vegetarians. I wish the moon was always full, because the dining table is so much more fun.

[*No, really, the labrador next door was howling all night.]

Brunch (bought from Dong Phuong Tofu, San Jose, CA):
Various vegetarian selections (L to R): fried tofu, tofu "spam musubi sushi", stuffed jalapeno peppers, fried tofu wrapped in brined soybean, tomato braised tofu wrapped in brined soybean
(Essentially all tofu cooked in some minor variation.)
Brown rice w/veg pulp & various vegetarian selections
(Kind of too salty for my preferences. My sister's favourite is what she deems "the long stick", while I liked the stuffed jalapeno peppers. All about that spice.)
Snack:
Strawberry cake (shared w/sister)
Snack:
Chocolate (ate a fourth)
Snack from Kelly:
Some banana bread that Kelly baked (featuring her puppy, Hiro!)
(Thanks for the bread and bringing Hiro over, Kelly! I tried really hard to get a good photo of Hiro with the bread, but he's very active and likes paper towels a lot.)
Snack:
Salsa
Dinner:
Vegetarian feast: brown rice, cucumber slices, lettuce, fried breadfruit, fresh soymilk, braised tofu & veggies, various vegetarian selections, fried tofu
(Yum! Dinner is so much more fun when it's "family style".)
Snack:
Steamed pandan coconut cake slice
(I dreamt about this cake several days ago. Normally, the pandan flavour is stronger and there's less coconut but the lady who made this reversed it. I could only eat a little, but it was so satisfactory.)

No comments :

Post a Comment