Saturday, January 10, 2015

Monica Visits, Day 4

Brunch at The Roost, Northhampton, MA:
Sweet and savoury nibbles.
Yenta: avocado, cheddar, cucumber, tomato, arugula & dijon mustard on 8-grain bread
(Freakishly hard toast. I couldn't cut it with a fork and knife and my teeth were at war. Too much cucumber, not enough avocado and just unbalanced flavours overall. I don't think I would order this again either.)
Monica's Itty-Bitty: egg, pesto, goat cheese & tomato on rooster roll (had a bite)
(Just ate the top and bottom rolls, avoiding the egg. Mediocre and not something I would order. They also forgot the tomato.)
Maple chocolate cake (shared w/sister)
(Too dry and dense. The maple frosting/filling was too sweet for me, although eating this cake with my potato chips helped a bit. Would probably taste better with coffee or black tea.)
Marie's apricot walnut bar, maple latte (had several forkfuls and a sip)
(Surprisingly, I enjoyed these. The maple latte was more smokey than sweet, and the apricot walnut bar wasn't overly sweet. Plus, I liked the textures.)
Claire's stout milkshake (had a sip)
(Reminds me of what Australia called a "milkshake". This tasted like shaken sweet beer. Not impressed.)
Dinner:
Chips, refined beans, cucumber slices, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, quinoa w/veggies, shredded lettuce, guacamole
Forkfuls of vegan banana cake

No comments :

Post a Comment