Monday, January 12, 2015

Monica Visits, Day 6

Today is Monica's last day in Amherst and also the first day Pita Pockets is open - what a lucky break for Monica.

Lunch:
Roasted beets & goat cheese sandwich, carnival cookie, sweet potato chips, sweet potato chunks, cherry tomatoes, carrots, broccoli
(Too little filling, too much bread. The ratio could have definitely been improved.)
Salsa (ate some)
Snack:
1/2 pineapple bun
Carnival cookie w/almond butter
Dinner:
Pizza (from Antonio's, Amherst, MA) and wraps (from Pita Pockets, Amherst, MA)
Don Giovanni pizza: avocado, mozzarella & tomato (shared w/sister)
(My favourite pizza from Antonio's! Never fails.)
Monica's steak taco pizza (ate a bite, saved the rest for tomorrow)
(Really did taste Mexican-inspired. I liked the layer of mashed black beans and rice.)
Pistachio baklava (shared w/sister)
(Quite possibly the best baklava I have ever tasted! Not sweet and most importantly, not soggy! I hate, hate it when the honey makes the phyllo pastry soft; this was crisp and crunchy. I could definitely eat a tray of these. Maybe.)
Falafel wrap
(I wished I added hot sauce and a little more falafel or salad would be nice. Overall, very good for less than six bucks.)
Monica's turbo wrap
(My sister seemed to really enjoy it and said it was one of the better meals during her week here. I'm inclined to agree, just because Amherst dining out options are quite limited and we are rather picky.)
Late Night Dessert:
Pizza crust, leftover orange chocolate ice cream, leftover cream cheese brownie

No comments :

Post a Comment