Friday, January 02, 2015

Happy birthday, Nathalie!

Breakfast:
Brown rice w/veg pulp & seaweed, sauteed spinach & tofu
(Made lunch for my mother to take to work today! I asked her to give me her thoughts on it, and she said, "it's okay".  When asked why, she told me that there was no meat in it and that it cannot be good if there's no meat. Well, then.)
Snack:
Red beet, carrot, apple & ginger juice
Brunch at Good Karma Artisan Ales & Cafe, San Jose, CA:
White rose kombucha, Jenny's lemon, cayenne ginger kombucha
(Lacking in flavour, loved the bottles. I still prefer GT's.)
Kale salad, tofu scramble, quinoa (shared all w/Jenny)
(Much more flavourful than the kombucha, but not the best vegan food I have had. The tofu scramble could have used more spices, and I thought the creamy sauce on top deterred from the rest of the texture. All in all, a good brunch and eclectic place for food and drinks.)
Kale bowl (shared w/Jenny)
(It's kale with quinoa, black beans and cilantro-lime tahini. Pretty good, but became too bitter for me toward the end. I asked Jenny if she tasted the bitterness, and she replied negatively, so perhaps it's just me and my "cilantro genetics".)
Dessert at Chocatoo - San Pedro Square Market, San Jose, CA
Oreo cheesecake (shared w/Jenny, featuring Jenny's hands)
(Flavour was spot-on, although the frosting deterred from the oreo-ness. The cheesecake was over-baked though and way too stiff.)
Sample at Trader Joe's, San Jose, CA:
Coffee, veggie burger w/avocado
Sample at Whole Foods Market, San Jose, CA:
Chocolate cake, oatmeal cookie, pb chocolate cookie
(This was a really good chocolate cake.)
Snack:
Yuzu lemon kombucha (drank a fourth, gave the rest to brozo)
(Always up for trying new kombucha drinks, and GT's is still my favourite. This was too sweet and the flavour too weak.)
Snack:
Brown rice w/veg pulp & seaweed, avocado, apple chips, sauteed spinach & tofu
Spoonful of my sister's brown rice w/smoked salmon & avocado
Snack:
Red beet, carrot, apple & ginger juice
Snack:
Roasted peanuts
Snack:
Chocolate (ate a fourth of one)

No comments :

Post a Comment