Friday, January 09, 2015

Snowed In

I had elaborate plans in Northhampton today, but it snowed last night and the roads were still blanketed.

Breakfast at The Lone Wolf, Amherst, MA:
Vegan Florentine (w/vegan hollandaise on the side)
(The vegan hollandaise was awful! It tasted like horchata gone bad. Everything else was mediocre, except for the homefries - which were delicious as usual.)
Monica's Lox n' Latkes (ate two bites)
(I didn't like the texture of the latkes; they were a bit dense for me. Monica loved the fluffy poached eggs though, but I do not eat eggs. Her hollandaise sauce was much better than mine; it was actually savoury!)
Working at The Black Sheep, Amherst, MA:
Cream cheese brownie (shared w/sister, didn't finish)
(Too dense for me. I like my brownies on the cakey side and this was more fudgey.)
Mocha cheesecake (shared w/sister)
(The base could have been better. It needed to be harder and more present; I actually thought it was just a bilayer cheesecake. Other than that, I liked the texture and flavour a lot. Not too sweet, a bit tart from the lemon/coffee I presume and chocolatey. I still think the best dessert here is the cheesecakes.)
Soy chai latte w/cinnamon
(Not sweet, hurrah! But definitely could use more spices.)
Sample at Atkins Farm, Amherst, MA:
Butter pound cake (ate a small bite)
(Dry, sweet and gross.)
Snack from Atkins Farm, Amherst, MA:
Hot apple cider (had a sip), cider donut (had a bite)
Snack (from The Black Sheep, Amherst, MA):
Carrot cake cupcake (had several bites)
(Another dessert this bakery does well! Not super sweet, very moist and flavourful. My sister was in heaven.)
Snack (from Mah Ze Dahr Bakery, New York City, NY): 
Marshmellow (didn't eat), chocolate pecan oatmeal bar (ate a corner)
(I quite like the bar. Tasted like the chocolate oatmeal bars at Amherst catered events.)

No comments :

Post a Comment