Friday, January 23, 2015

Day of Dialogue

Breakfast:
Apple w/almond butter
Lunch at Pita Pocket, Amherst, MA:
Cheers to a great lunch!
Falafel wrap
(So much better with the hot sauce, but a bit on the salty side.)
Falafel platter w/hummus, tahini, pita (shared w/Jimmy & Andrew)
(Again, quite salty and I felt like I needed a lot of water, but good falafels otherwise. Crunchy exterior, soft interior.)
Pistachio baklava (shared w/Jimmy & Andrew)
 (Still the best baklava I've had. Not very sweet, nicely minced pistachio filling and crunchy layers.)
Cashew baklava (shared w/Jimmy & Andrew)
(Also amazing baklava, but I can't decide if I prefer the pistachio to this one. Both tasted vaguely the same, with the exception of the phyllo exterior. This one had more layers and crunch - as evidenced by the photograph - so I suppose it depends on your preference for that.)
Dinner:
Baby carrots, roasted beets, steamed collard greens, wheat berry w/hemp seeds, baked sweet potato w/pepper
French fries, onion rings w/mustard, BBQ sauce, honey mustard (didn't eat)

No comments :

Post a Comment