Sunday, January 05, 2014

05 January 2014

Breakfast:
Overnight muesli (muesli, tumeric, almond milk & yogurt), apple
Lunch (from Marks & Spencer near Convent Garden, London, England):
Falafel & roasted vegetables w/butternut squash hummus panini
(Went on a bus tour of London with some of the other study abroad students and quickly grabbed some lunch from this supermarket chain.)
 Snack:
Few sips of each juice
(Really bad migraine. I think I'm just really dehydrated, but my kettle hasn't come in and the supplied kettle has limestone or weird mold in it. I just drank a bit of juice and basically passed out.)

2 comments :

  1. Wow, you are in London now! Super cool! Make sure to check out Borough Market and eat a Chelsea bun while you are there =D

    When I visited my friend in London last summer, I noticed the gunk at the bottom of water kettles as well. My friend explained that it's because tap water in London is "hard" (has a high mineral content) and apparently all those minerals congregate at the bottom of water boilers. Not harmful, but not very appetizing to look at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely have to check that market out soon. Loving all the open markets here! :)

      Wow, that's such a relief! I was getting worried about the health of my flatmates. No wonder so many of the bottled water here has "low mineral content" on their labels!

      Delete