Tuesday, January 14, 2014

14 January 2014

Breakfast:
Apple
(Ready to analyse two museums! I'm so glad I didn't eat anything heavy because the second museum made me kind of nauseous. It was one of those anatomy museums, and while I'm fine with specimens for the most part, seeing certain parts and stages of the body just doesn't sit well with me.) 
Snack from Ben's Cookies, Covent Garden, London, England:
White chocolate macadamia cookie
(Mm warm and fluffy. I liked this because the white chocolate had melted into the cookie already, so I didn't have to eat any huge chunks of white chocolate. Not a fan of that.)
Snack from Balthazar Boulangerie, Covent Garden, London, England:

Almond croissant
(A bit disappointing. I think they over-baked this because it was rather dry and smelled kind of charred. The layers weren't very flaky either. Although I did appreciate how this wasn't very oily/buttery. Kind of surprising because England really seems to like their cream and butter.)
Snack from Snog, Covent Garden, London, England: 
Original & mango frozen yogurt topped w/kiwi & blackberries
(The mango frozen yogurt was so whipped and light, and I've missed actual tarty original frozen yogurt. Not bad. I do love a little snog, as the saying on the cup goes.)
Snack (from Ben's Cookies, Covent Garden, London, England): 
Triple chocolate nut cookie
(I had a small piece earlier, when it was still warm and I can't figure out why it's called triple chocolate nut. It's a chocolate cookie with chocolate chunks and pecans. Nothing is in threes. Anyway, not the best chocolate cookie I've had. For some reason, I found it lacking in the chocolate department.)
Samples from Hotel Chocolat in Westfield Stratford, London, England:
Champagne truffle (+ 45% milk chocolate, not pictured)
(Picked up some boozy chocolates for one of my best friends since I can't buy her first drink or give her a toast for her birthday. Hopefully she doesn't see this post. Whoever said that the English aren't known for their customer service is wrong; in the two weeks that I've been here, every experience I've had has been lovely! The employees literally opened up boxes of chocolates for me to sample every time I asked about a specific flavour. I quite liked the champagne one, but the alcohol flavour got a bit too strong toward the end.)
Dinner (from Balthazar Boulangerie, Covent Garden, London, England):
Butternut squash soup (had a spoonful, the rest is in the picture below)
(Too creamy. I couldn't eat it plain.)
Butternut squash & kale soup w/chili pepper
(Dumped in half a bag of kale and further diluted the soup with some almond milk. Tasted pretty good!)

No comments :

Post a Comment