Monday, March 03, 2014

03 March 2014

Breakfast:
Green tea latte, banana slices, dried apricots, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seed butter w/cinnamon
Lunch:
Green smoothie
(frozen bananas, spinach, OJ, cinnamon, tumeric, hemp protein powder, cacao powder)
(I was inspired by the granola that I finished several days ago. And this tasted just like that! Yum.)
Snack:
Pumpkin seeds
Sample:
Several spoonfuls of my brownies
(Mmm, super chocolate-y and gooey. I was really disappointed that the black tea flavour didn't make it through because those dates and figs soaked in a very concentrated cup of black tea. The outer edges held up well, but the middle of the pan is a bit too gooey since I didn't add enough flour. I guess I could just blend it into a mousse or something, but it's a bit too stiff for mousse. Regardless, I really like the taste of these brownies and the different notes of sweetness from the dates, sweet potatoes and figs really mellow out the cacao. Maybe I just won't add flour next time and keep this as a mousse/puree kind of dessert. It certainly holds up to that name.)

No comments :

Post a Comment