Monday, March 03, 2014

"Black Tea" Infused Sweet Potato Brownies

I've always wanted to make black bean brownies, but never got around to doing so. When I stumbled across several recipes featuring sweet potato brownies, I decided to merge a few of them together.

Some notes for next time:
  • Cook the sweet potatoes in black tea as well. 
  • Use a different kind of flour. 
  • Add more flour. 
  • Add some nuts.
Soaking the sweeteners in black tea two days prior: 
Put about ten dates and five figs in black tea to get the flavour.
Finished soaking!
Mixing the wet ingredients:
Blended the dates, figs, some black tea, vanilla extract and a lot of white-fleshed sweet potatoes.
The puree.
(This puree is so delicious. I've never eaten those sweet potato casserole things during Thanksgiving meals, but I imagine this is a lot like that, without the gooeyness of the marshmellow. That's totally fine with me though because I hate marshmellows.)
 Adding in the dry ingredients: 
Slowly added in cinnamon, cocoa powder, raw cacao, almond flour and gram flour.
Before baking: 
Almost ready to bake for a long time at about 150-180 degrees C. 
(I miss having a flour sifter. I think I spent at least twenty minutes attempting to dissolve the gram flour clumps. Also, had a spoonful of the extra batter and this is really good! However, the gram flour flavour is a bit too strong so I wish I had used some other kind of flour.)
After baking:
Yum! I had a spoonful because I can't resist freshly baked goods.
(The black tea flavour was no match for the raw cacao, so I think I'll have to cook the sweet potato in black tea next time. The inside is a bit gooey though; I didn't add a lot of gram flour because I knew the flavour would be really strong.)

No comments :

Post a Comment