Friday, March 14, 2014

From Paris With Love

Just kidding, my life is nowhere as dangerous or adventurous.

But Claire's visiting me for the weekend from Paris! And then I'm going to Paris next week! :) Exciting, exciting plans.

Early morning (1AM) paper writing snack:
Dates
 Early, early morning (3AM) paper writing snack:
Dates, coffee w/tumeric & cinnamon
Breakfast:
Ruby red grapefruit
Snack:
Ruby red grapefruit
Snack:
Granola (+spoonful of pb, not pictured)
Dinner with Claire at Tayyabs, London, England:
Poppadoms w/salad & random assortment of sauces
(I liked the spicy red sauce the best. Claire and I thought this was complimentary, but it wasn't! The waiter just brought all of this to our table and we later found it on the bill. It's a good thing Claire enjoyed this so much.)
Tinda masala w/naan (ate half)
(Pumpkin masala! Very oily, but I liked the spicy yet subtley sweet combination. Definitely not a curry I've tried before, so I had to adjust to the flavours a bit. I got pretty full midway through so I just gave the rest to Claire. I've had better naan elsewhere.)
Mint chocolate (ate a bite, gave the rest to Claire)
(I wasn't too fond of the flavour.)
Girls' Night with Claire: 
Guinness (didn't drink), Claire's wine, almond croissant* (shared w/Claire), Ben & Jerry's core peanut butter me up ice cream + extra pb (shared w/Claire)
(We got to talking over ice cream and the croissant with some biscuits and additional pb. Never made it to the alcohol stage. This was my first time buying alcohol in a supermarket though! It was kind of anticlimatic. The almond croissant was ridiculously cheap at 80 pence and ridculously huge as well. It wasn't the best croissant and would have tasted better as a savoury bread, but the price made up for it.)

*Almond croissant from Beigel Bake, London, England
Dark chocolate digestive biscuit (ate a small piece of Claire's)

No comments :

Post a Comment