Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Au Revoir, Paris!

I'm going to really miss all the boulangeries here. 

Breakfast (purchased from L'épicerie Breizh Café (in 4ème), Paris, France): 
Yaourt aux Myrtilles
Blueberry yogurt
(I didn't enjoy this as much as the coffee-flavoured yogurt. I think it's probably because I prefer plain yogurt with fresh blueberries to blueberry-flavoured yogurt.)
Snacks from Gauthier (in 5ème), Paris, France:
Baguette
(Not as good as Damiani Père et Fils, but still better than a lot of other baguettes. I think that this is probably comparable to the really good Viet-French bakeries in CA.)
Almond croissant
(My last almond croissant from Paris and it was disappointing. I mean, it tasted good but it didn't have the wow factor. Plus there was a dearth of almond filling. I guess I have to plan another trip to Paris soon... apparently there's a really good French bakery here in London but the prices negate the deliciousness.)
Brioche
(I still love the brioche from this bakery. Devoured it.)
Snack:
Brioche w/the hazelnut chocolate Claire gave me (2)
(I could have gotten a chocolate brioche loaf, but felt like that would be too much. But adding a piece of chocolate in every once in awhile doesn't hurt!)

No comments :

Post a Comment