Saturday, March 01, 2014

01 March 2014

Breakfast:
Oatmeal w/hemp protein powder
Snack:
Yerba mate tea, freshly baked Biscoff banana oatmeal cookies
(Had some Biscoff and it was ridiculously sweet so I decided to make some cookies. I didn't have a binding agent, so I threw in a banana to "bind" the ingredients together and mellow out the gram flour. The gram flour in turn mellowed out the sweetness so it was a win-win situation. I'm an experimenter in the kitchen, but I usually know each of my individual ingredients. This was my first time using gram flour in cookies and after tasting a bit of the batter, I was really afraid that I would have to chuck the cookies into the rubbish. But they turned out to be really delicious, although they were a bit on the sugary side! Very pleasantly surprised. I'm never purchasing Biscoff spread ever again though, because that is beyond sweet and should really not be mass distributed as a "spread on toast". I still can't believe I ate my entire batch of cookies. It's a wonder that I'm not a diabetic, but they really were yummy.)
Snack:
Purple cabbage
Snack:
Pumpkin seeds
Purple cabbage "tea"
Snack:
Walnuts
Snack:
Celery sticks w/hummus

No comments :

Post a Comment