Thursday, October 16, 2014

16 October 2014

Breakfast:
Coffee, pb, spinach, apple, honeydew melon, cantaloupe
Lunch:
Apple, jalapeno corn bread, pb
Snack:
Apple w/almond butter
What my working lunches usually look like: a ton of beverages and some random edible.
(I'm more of a drinker than eater when it comes to lunches. I should do what I did sophomore year: make a smoothie during breakfast and have that for lunch... except I hate doing dishes. Also, I can have a variety of flavours while drinking but I can't do that with food unless I physically trek over to the dining hall.)
World Cuisine - Sri Lanka Dinner:
Okra curry, pakoras w/chili sauce, samosas, tumeric spiced cauliflower, date chili chutney, lampries
(I love world cuisine days, although sometimes they're a big miss. Didn't eat any of the dessert or main dishes here because they all had coconut and I'm allergic. The pakoras and samosas were nothing special, but the chili sauce definitely made them above average. I heard that the coconut sauce was also spectacular. The lampries - veggie fried rice steamed in a banana leaf -  was rather disappointing. It was dry and tasted like bad frozen fried rice. I wanted to like the cauliflower, but it had an acquired taste; the spices sometimes tasted burnt. My favourite was probably the okra curry, but it had a strange aftertaste. I thought it tasted like Korean BBQ, but no one else thought so. The curry was sweet, spicy and salty though so perhaps that's why I associated it with Korean BBQ.)
Lettuce, cucumber slices, pita bread (ate 1/4)
Dragonfruit
(Not the best dragonfruit. Texture was great but no flavour.)
Okra curry, samosas, chili sauce, pakoras, tumeric spiced cauliflower (only ate one okra, gave the rest of the plate away)
(I was way too full.)

No comments :

Post a Comment