Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fall Festival!

Only the greatest annual college food event besides the spring picnic... :)

Big thank you to Caitlin for letting me take over her phone (and John for the first photo) because I forgot mine.

Fall Festival food:
Corn chowder w/a bit of clam chowder mixed in, lobster roll (ate a small bite)
(I don't like weird creamy meat-based "salads", like egg/crab/lobster salad. If I eat lobster, I prefer the pure stuff, with maybe some citrus juice drizzled on top. Eating the chowder was a bit tricky because I had to avoid all the bacon bits that were in the clam chowder; I'm really sad that clam chowder always seems to have bacon in them! SF clam chowder never seemed to have any, or maybe I just never paid attention.)
Pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin bread, vegan pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies (ate two bites), pumpkin whoopie pie, vanilla cinnamon yogurt
(The pumpkin cheesecake was way too sweet and the pumpkin cookie had no flavour. Normally I like both kinds of bread, but the regular pumpkin bread was moist while the vegan pumpkin bread actually had the pumpkin flavour. I tried eating both together to get the desired flavour and texture but that didn't work out so well. The whoopie pie was also very sweet, but it also had a strong pumpkin flavour so that was a perk.)

Pumpkin fries
(Tasted like sweet potato fries but sweeter. I didn't like how oily these were though. Would have been better baked.)
Apple ice cream (shared w/Marie), pumpkin ice cream (shared w/Marie), apple crisp
(Both ice creams became overwhelmingly sweet for me toward the end.)
Corn chowder, clam chowder (picked out all the bacon bits)
(I like corn chowder, but I like the potatoes and clam in the clam chowder so I usually make a 3:1 ratio of the soups.)
Pumpkin ravioli
(Probably the best food item besides the corn chowder. The pumpkin filling was moist and didn't soak in the oil from the breading.)
Snack:
Pumpkin ravioli (gave one to Caitlin), some pumpkin fries, half of a slice of vegan pumpkin bread

No comments :

Post a Comment