Tuesday, July 01, 2014

01 July 2014

This summer is passing by entirely too quickly.

Breakfast:
Quinoa & oatmeal porridge w/mixed greens, chia seeds, cinnamon & dried seaweed
(My relatives in L.A. sent a ton of delicious dried seaweed, so I'm going to try and incorporate seaweed in a lot of meals. I don't have anything salty in my pantry so this can act as my "sea salt".)
Lunch:
Quinoa salad w/cacao nibs, silvered almonds, chia seeds, flaxseeds & dried seaweed
Snack/Dinner at Rita's - S. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA: 
Mango gelati: mango water ice w/frozen vanilla custard
(Went for their classic flavour, mango, at the recommendations of my team and I wasn't disappointed. The gelati did become a bit overwhelming toward the end because of the incongruous ratio and sweetness, but overall, it was quite refreshing. Definitely something I'd get again. On a side note, "gelati" threw me off because it's the plural form of gelato and I initially expected mini scoops of gelato or something. I've learned that Philly has its own vocabulary.)

No comments :

Post a Comment