Sunday, July 27, 2014

Band of Horses/Beck Concert!

Both were amazing live - Beck put on an especially energetic show - but I think I was way too tired and crashing from my Jenny Lewis induced high to fully enjoy them. I am glad that I finally got to see Band of Horses though; I was pretty bummed about missing their railroad tour awhile back.

I also saw the Districts but couldn't feel their vibe. Big thank you to Abi for coming with me after working a double shift. If my feet were about to fall off, I don't know how hers must have felt.

Breakfast:
Quinoa w/kale, spinach, sour mango chunks, broccoli, guacamole, a drizzle of lime & cayenne pepper
(Sounds like a mess and looks gross but I can assure you that this bowl is delicious. There's some crunch from the quinoa, creaminess from the guacamole, spice from the cayenne, zest from the lime, sweet tartyness from the mango and it's all mellowed out by the subtle flavours of kale and spinach.)
Snack:
Chocolate chip cookie dough Larabar (2)
(I'm still so surprised that Larabars have virtually nothing in them - the main ingredients are often just dates and some sort of nut - but they still taste great. I wonder if they really just blend dates and a type of nut without any extracts or spices for some of their bars because I swear they taste like there's more in them.)
Snack:
Corn puffs w/frozen blueberries, cinnamon, ground flaxseeds, almond butter & flaxseed milk
Snack:
Cherry pie Larabar (+cashew cookie Larabar)
Snacks at the concert:
Apple
Trail mix from Abi
(Thanks for the snack and coming with me!)

No comments :

Post a Comment