Sunday, July 13, 2014

13 July 2014

Breakfast:
Rest of the Mellow Love juice, tea, espresso
(NYC-themed readings for breakfast in NYC! Yum.)
Snack:
Lemon, cayenne & honey juice
 Snack from Heartbeet Juicery - East Village, NYC, NY:
Pineapple Jalapeno: pineapple, jalapeno, cucumber, lime, kale
(Waiting for Gino and Kevin so we can grab some Mexican food. I thought this juice would be appropriate with the theme. It was also extremely refreshing; I'll need to recreate it.)
Lunch at Downtown Bakery II - East Village, NYC, NY:
Veggie enchiladas in chipotle sauce w/rice & beans
(I missed Mexican! I don't know if it was because I was really hungry or if I hadn't had Mexican food in awhile, but this was really good. I didn't think I could eat all of this, but it was demolished!)
My enchiladas, Gino's Cuban, Kevin's breakfast burrito
Dessert from Big Gay - East Village, NYC, NY:
American Globs: vanilla ice cream w/sea salt, pretzels & chocolate dip (shared w/Kevin)
Snack from Liquiteria - East Village, NYC, NY:
Mean Green: kale, spinach, mango, golden pineapples, fresh golden pineapple juice & blueberries
(Substituted the blueberries for the banana. Sooo delicious. There's a lot of juiceries and smoothie shops in NYC now, but Liquiteria - the "original" - is still the best in my opinion. They've got cold pressed juices and delicious smoothies at comparatively low prices while their employees are always super helpful and friendly. Double win. I'm actually really glad I don't live near one because half of my paycheck would go to this store.)
Dinner at Katharine's:
Banana chocolate chip cake, strawberry rhubarb crumble
(Homemade dessert thanks to Katharine and Moss! Both were scrumptious and apparently quite wholesome.)
Pasta (didn't eat the chicken)
(Thanks to Katharine's little sister for making this dinner! It was also tasty, but the sauce to pasta ratio could be improved.)
Snacks while hanging with Kevin at the pier:
Some of Kevin's green chia
(Not a bad flavour. I was a bit skeptical but I might like this more than the black chia one!)
Some corn puffs

No comments :

Post a Comment