Saturday, July 26, 2014

JENNY LEWIS CONCERT!

I AM FINALLY SEEING JENNY LEWIS LIVE AGAIN! ❤ There are no words in the English language that can accurately convey my excitement to be in the presence of Jenny Lewis again.

On a side note, I'm also catching up with Rachel today! :) It's been way too long since I last saw this chica.

EDIT: The Jenny Lewis concert was everything and more. While I prefer smaller venues (gotta increase that Jenny Lewis intensity), she puts on a good show no matter the location nor size of crowd. Her portion of the concert opened with "Just One of the Guys", which I was estactic to hear live because it was still in the works when I first heard it live several years ago, and it was followed by "Silver Lining", which is one of my all-time favourites. I basically knew every single song she sang and only a closer proximity to Jenny (and a longer set) would have elevated my experience. Gah. I LOVE YOU JENNY.

I also saw Ingrid Michaelson, Jeremy Messersmith, Dawes and Ryan Adams but I can't remember those experiences in great detail. 

Breakfast:
Matcha green tea, kale, mango, ground flaxseeds, cinnamon & cayenne pepper smoothie
Brunch with Rachel at Almaz Cafe, Philadelphia, PA:
Iced coffee w/almond milk
(This coffee was so good! I'm not a coffee expert by any means, but the brew had a really nice flavour palette. I'll have to go back here for more coffee.)
Vegetarian combo: misir, tikil gomen, kik alchia & shiro w/enjera
(Delicious. I was pretty ravenous at this point, so I don't remember the tastes of each dish, but they complemented each other well. The enjera had a subtle sour taste, which balanced out the heartier entrees. I don't know which dish was what, but they all tasted great so I would recommend just getting the combination unless you're highly opposed to any ingredients in a certain dish. This cafe is also a really quaint place to go and relax if you're ever looking for a less cookie-cutter establishment.)

*Misir - split red lentils cooked in berbere sauce and fine herbs blended with chopped onions
Tikil gomen - lightly spiced vegetable stew of cabbage, carrots and potatoes
Kik alchia  - yellow split peas flavored with turmeric, green peppers and various Ethiopian spices
Shiro - mixed legumes prepared with ginger root, rue seed, bishops weed and garlic cooked with berbere sauce
Snack at  Ryan Crown's Juice Club, Philadelphia, PA:
Planet Earth smoothie: strawberries, bananas, hemp protein powder, royal jelly, aloe vera, red clover blossoms, siberian ginseng root (no coconut oil)
(This has a ton of strange ingredients, e.g. red clover blossoms, but just tastes like a strawberry banana smoothie. Very refreshing and super classic. I'm sure it'd taste better or more summery/exotic with coconut oil, but I'm not going to try it.)
Snacks at the WXPN XPonential Music Festival - Camden Waterfront, New Jersey: 
Trail mix provided by Whole Foods booth
Chocolate chip cookie dough Larabar (2)
Cherry pie Larabar
Blue corn tortilla chips (shared w/Abi)

No comments :

Post a Comment