Thursday, July 10, 2014

10 July 2014

Today's my last day in Philly for the week; I'm heading over to NYC tomorrow! So excited!

Breakfast:
Seaweed & tofu soup
Snack:
Apple
Snack from Beiler's Donut and Salad in Reading Terminal Market, Philadelphia, PA:
Apple fritter
(Still warm and oh so delicious! I'm not a big doughnut fan, but this was so good! Light, fluffy and packed with cinnamon. The apple flavour wasn't evenly distributed, but the compote complemented the dough well. Perhaps the best doughnut I've had and if it wasn't greasy, I would have thought this was steamed or boiled!)
Inside of the apple fritter
Snack in the office:
Apple fritters, apple cider doughnut, oreo creme doughnut, Boston cream pie doughnut
(I ate a quarter of an apple fritter, half of the apple cider and a quarter of the other two. I am not a big fan of cream/custard, so the latter tastings were rather disappointing but I loved the two apple flavoured pastries. I thought the apple cider doughnuts near Amherst were good, but this just blew all those out of the water. How are these doughnuts so light and fluffy?! The texture alone is enough for three out of five stars.)
Snack in the field (from a water ice stand on the corner of Tasker St. and 15th St., Philadelphia, PA):
Team water ice break!
Mango & pink lemonade water ice
(The mango flavour was decent and tasted like a sorbet but the pink lemonade was way too sweet. I think the guy selling the water ice works in a barbour shop because this stand is just a cooler and lawn chair.)

No comments :

Post a Comment