Saturday, December 20, 2014

En route to New York City

It's now a holiday tradition of mine to spend part of it in New York City, and it's a festive one. I love Shannon and her family's enthusiasm for Christmas - makes my year!

Brunch:
Cheese & & tomato sandwich, butternut squash bisque w/black pepper, roasted asparagus, mixed greens
Dinner (bought from Ali's Trinidad Roti Shop, Brooklyn, NY):
Shrimp roti
(Shannon's mom thought I still ate meat, but luckily I do occasionally eat seafood. I ended up eating only a couple shrimps before picking out the rest. They really pack their roti with whatever you order - shrimp, chicken, conch, etc. I liked the curry seasoning and potatoes though, reminded me of samosas.)
Tea Time:
Cinnamon spice tea
(Look at how festive this home is! Also discovered a new favourite tea: Harney & Sons' hot cinnamon spice tea.)
Late Night Snack:
Peppermint tea, banana slices, cinnamon toast crunch, Kashi granola, dried fruit

No comments :

Post a Comment