Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy birthday, Karen!!!

Breakfast from Denica's Real Food Kitchen, Dublin, CA:
Hangover remedies!
(Woke up around 5AM without any hangover. Hurrah! Passed the time until several more people groggily woke up and decided to grab everyone breakfast and some juice. Poor, unfortunate souls  - kidding. I am just glad I did not experience one.)
Vegan burrito: potatoes, black beans, avocado & spinach (ate 3/4)
(I was starving by the time I got back, finished setting up and took pictures. The first breakfast burrito I've ever bought, because every other places always has eggs, and it hit the spot. Shout-out to the incredibly soft whole wheat tortilla, I don't think I have ever eaten such a pliable wrap before!)
Cinnamon roll (ate a piece)
(This was massive and is more fit for four than one. My eyes really did bug out of my head when I saw the platter of cinnamon rolls in their display case. Imagine half-basketball sized pastries, dripping with icing, when you're starving. You would probably drool too.)
Cranberry scone (ate a piece)
(The scones looked really dry but were actually quite good! I preferred the berry jam one.)
Berry jam scone (ate a piece)
French toast (ate two pieces)
(Mediocre compared to everything else.)
Inside of the original burrito: scrambled eggs, cheese, ham & salsa (didn't eat)
Snack:
Piece of roasted seaweed
Snack:
Jicama
Snack:
Small piece of brozo's granola bar
(Good flavour, but this has coconut in it and I could feel my throat constricting.)
Dinner:
Various congee for the picky eaters
(Yes, we always have to cook three variations. One for me, one for my brozo and one for everyone else. My mother did not have an easy time feeding us.)
Congee w/cabbage, green papaya & kimchee
Snack:
Coconut meat
(The only kind of coconut I can somewhat eat! And even then it's only about three servings of that size. What a sad life.)

No comments :

Post a Comment