Monday, July 08, 2013

08 July 2013

IKEA DAY!!! I'm still sad about the key lime pies though.

Lunch from Famiglia (provided by Mailman):
Salad, garlic knot, baked ziti, chicken parmeasan
(Not a fan of garlic, but the texture was great! And dude, I love chicken parm.)
Bread (didn't finish), salad, chicken parm (2)
 Snack at Ronnybrook Dairy, Chelsea Markets, Chelsea, NYC, NY:
Passion fruit ice cream sample
(Mm. Light and refreshing. Not as tart as I hoped though.)
Pistachio ice cream sandwiched between an oatmeal raisin cookie & chocolate chip cookie (shared w/Ben)
(SO GOOD. I've been dying to eat an ice cream sandwich!!! The pistachio ice cream was amazing, very light and tasted so fresh. Ben chose the flavour combination and while it isn't something I would have chosen, it tasted great. Mmm. Unexpected flavour combinations tend to be amazing. I could so eat another ice cream sandwich.)
Kelly's mac & cheese (ate a bit of bread and her cheese sauce)
(Not a big mac & cheese fan. The bread looked cool but just tasted like rye.)
 Snack from The Macaron Parlour (sold at Bar Suzette, Chelsea Markets, Chelsea, NYC, NY):
Candied bacon w/maple cream cheese macaron (shared w/Kelly & Ben)
(Oh god. First time eating bacon in years. I did not like this. Soft texture, but wasn't as chewy as the macarons I've had. The bacon flavour was very prominent; it lingered in my mouth for the longest time. Blech. It wasn't terrible, but I don't think I'd eat it again. I basically gave Ben my portion.)
 Samples at Chelsea Market Baskets, Chelsea Markets, Chelsea, NYC, NY:
Some kind of tea
(Yuck. Didn't finish.)
Chocolate chip shortbread
(Needed this to get the bacon taste out of my mouth.)
 Snack from Chelsea Market Baskets, Chelsea Markets, Chelsea, NYC, NY:
Marzipan stick (shared w/Ben & Kelly)
(So good. I love marzipan. Perfect chocolate to marzipan ratio.)
Champagne truffle (shared w/Ben & Kelly)
(Mmm soooo good. Light, fruity and creamy. Now I know why it's $40/lb.)
Sumatra coffee truffle (shared w/Ben & Kelly)
(One of my favourites! The pecan threw me off, but the strong coffee flavour was amazing. Smooth and rich chocolate too.)
Cognac truffle (shared w/Ben & Kelly)
(Didn't like this as much as the champagne or sumatra one, but it was still good. Good creamy and rich texture.)
Snack at IKEA, Red Hook, Brooklyn, NYC, NY:
Lingonberry juice, mixed greens salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, Swedish meatballs w/lingonberry jam, mashed potatoes & gravy (shared all the food w/Ben)
(IKEA SWEDISH MEATBALLS. LINGONBERRY SAUCE. Ben's first time! Oh IKEA, I've missed you. The gravy and meatballs were a lot saltier and heavier than I remembered, but I'm also used to the one in Palo Alto, CA. I ended up dumping the salad onto the plate and mixing it with the gravy to make the dish lighter. Tasted so much better after that. Lingonberry jam is always amazing. Oh my god.)
Soft-serve (shared w/Ben, also ate some of Kelly's)
(Tasted kind of like McDonald's, but not as good. Very whipped. I like the version back home better.)
 Snack at Baked, Red Hook, Brooklyn, NYC, NY:
Millionaire bar: shortbread topped w/caramel, chocolate and salt (shared w/Ben & Kelly)
(The barista highly recommended this. Liked the slight flavour contrast, but I wouldn't be able to eat this alone.)
Kelly's pumpkin chocolate chip bread slice (ate about half)
(Oooh this was so good.)
Late night snack:
Orange, cranberry & walnut bread that Daniel brought back from When Pigs Fly (ate a lot!)
(SO GOOD. I don't know if I like this as much as the other flavour, but IT'S STILL AMAZING. I LOVE THIS PLACE. I wish there were more orange zest pieces though.)
Spanish fig & almond cake, date & walnut cake, apricot & almond cake (ate a bit of each)

No comments :

Post a Comment