Sunday, July 14, 2013

14 July 2013

Breakfast:
Yogurt w/cinnamon, granola & strawberries
Afternoon Tea with Daria at Alice's Tea Cup, Upper West Side, NYC, NY:
Apricot brandy black tea (shared the pot w/Daria)
(Strongly brewed, but didn't really taste like apricot brandy tea. The flavour was very light but the smell was so potent! I still don't know if I really like it or not, but it was enjoyable and not overly fruity or sweet.)
Pumpkin scone (ate w/raspberry preserves & clotted cream, not pictured)
(Very moist and flavourful. I would have enjoyed this more if it had been labelled as a "pumpkin biscuit". The texture was completely off for a scone so I couldn't really enjoy it toward the end. I had to actually slather the last bits with Daria's preserves and clotted cream because the "biscuit" was too overwhelming. I'm also disappointed with the raspberry preserves and clotted cream. Maybe I'm too used to Satori's, but neither were fresh. The preserves most likely came out of a jar and the clotted cream tasted just like whipped heavy cream.)
Salted caramel chocolate chip scone (ate w/raspberry preserves & clotted cream, not pictured)
(I could not taste the salted caramel at all. It was more like a chocolate chip biscuit. While the "biscuit" was very moist, again, it did not resemble the typical texture of a scone. I really wish I could have tasted the contrasting flavours because I'm not a big fan of just chocolate chip anything, save for cookies.)
Our entire setting.
(The place was so quirky! I loved the decor, especially since Alice has always been one of my favourite books, but I don't think I would order the same pastries if I go here again.)
Solo Reading Party (because Kelly isn't here anymore!):
Greek yogurt w/granola & strawberries
Blueberries
Lentil & rice salad, pineapples, mixed greens, spinach, chickpeas, corn, edamame, sunflower seeds & pepper
Chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered raisins
My little party.

No comments :

Post a Comment