Monday, July 01, 2013

01 July 2013

Breakfast:
Banana
Lunch from Dallas BBQ, Washington Heights, NYC, NY (provided by Mailman School):
Corn on the cob (didn't finish, threw away), yellow rice, cornbread, veggie tempura (2), BBQ chicken (2)
(The rice and corn tasted almost exactly the same and at times resembled each other in texture as well. Rubbery rice I can somewhat understand, but rubbery corn is something I can't eat. Tasted too much like frozen and reheated corn. I was disappointed in the BBQ sauce; it wasn't as smokey as I would have liked and expected from a BBQ restaurant. The veggie tempura was obviously not from Dallas BBQ, but it was pretty good. Enjoyed it dipped in the leftover BBQ sauce. I normally love cornbread; I have a serious addiction to cornbread actually, but this cornbread was so dry! Disappointing. The flavour was also lacking.)
 Snack:
Cornbread
Dinner:
Spinach, corn, lettuce, some type of grain, edamame, apple & raisin bulgur salad (ate a bite, gave the rest to Ben), root veggie & barley soup w/pepper
(That apple and raisin bulgur salad was awful! I don't mind vinegar, but this salad tasted like I was drinking vinegar straight up. I felt like the enamel  on my teeth were going to rub off completely.)
 Snack:
Chocolate covered pretzels & raisins (gave some to Hannah & Daniel)
(Pretzels were a bit stale, but chocolate covered anything is pretty delicious.)
Snack:
Chocolate covered cashews, raisins & craisins from Daniel (ate so many!)

No comments :

Post a Comment