Monday, July 29, 2013

Veggie Medley Soup

The celery was starting get a bit wimpy so I decided to just toss the veggies I had into a pot a soup. The only spices I have are black pepper and cayenne pepper, so not much flavouring is going to get done.

Began by chopping up the rest of the onion and jalapeno pepper that I had. Since I don't like onions, I sliced the 1/2 that I had very finely in hopes of not being able to feel bits of it when I ate it later.
Under the same rationale, I cooked the onion bits first with some of the black pepper and cayenne pepper for seasoning. Then I tossed in the jalapeno when the onion pieces looked mildly cooked.
Added some water to hopefully have some flavoured broth.
Prepared the rest of my veggies!
Yay the "broth" looks good.
Added the carrots in first.
Then the rest of the veggies and let the pot simmer for a bit. Miffy said it smelt great.
Put some prima donna cheese pieces on top for extra flavouring.

No comments :

Post a Comment