Saturday, July 20, 2013

Good-bye, America!

Lots of texting, photos, hugging and crying. Was this what going away to college was supposed to feel like?

Also, it's going to be a dinner roll kind of day. 

Early breakfast with the siblings at Southern Kitchen Coffee Shop, San Jose, CA:
Sis's pork chops w/hash browns, sunny side-up eggs & biscuits & gravy
(Told my sister not to get pork chops but she wanted to get something "different", except she makes the worst food choices! She ended up disliking it. Hah.)
Brozo's chicken fried steak w/hash browns, scrambled eggs & biscuits & gravy (not pictured)
(Now this is what you should get.)
Sis's pork chop (ate 2 forkfuls, gave rest back), hash browns (2), brozo's chicken fried steak (3), biscuits & gravy (4)
(Can't believe my sister ordered  pork chops! Totally disregarded our trucker style meal theme. Their biscuits and gravy definitely aren't comparable to Bite of Wyoming's, but I like how their chicken fried steak is more crispy.)
Snack:
Fresh bread (ate the insides)
 Snack:
Chocolate covered pretzels, some dried fruit (didn't eat all of it)
Brunch with Kelly at Chick-fil-A, San Jose, CA:
Spicy chicken biscuit w/Chick-fil-A sauce & Polynesian sauce (gave some to Kelly)
(So much better fresh and with the sauce! I think I might like the biscuit better than the bun, but the sandwich was so good with the pickle. Maybe I'll just add pickles to this breakfast biscuit. The Polynesian sauce tasted like glorified ketchup and the Chick-fil-A sauce tasted like glorified honey mustard. However, mix them together and they tasted pretty good. I will confess to actually eating the sauces plain after the biscuit was eaten until I realised how digusting that was and spit out my last bite.)
Late Lunch:
Pho
(Aw, Pa wanted to give me a last taste of pho before I headed out.)
Snack on the way to the airport:
Dinner roll, corn, laughing cow cheese
Snack before boarding at SJC:
Dinner roll
(And here begins the sequence of just dinner rolls...)
Snack on the way to LAX:
Dinner roll
Snack at LAX:
Dinner roll
Snack at LAX:
Dinner roll
Snack at LAX:
Dinner roll
Snack before boarding plane at LAX:
Dark chocolate & cranberry granola, orange vitaminwater
(My mother called half an hour before I was going to board and asked me if I had eaten anything. I told her just the bread and she flipped out. So I had to get some "real" food, except she was still mad that there was no meat involved. She always forgets that I just don't eat meat when it's simply not good. I'm most likely not going to go and order a turkey sandwich like she suggested unless I'm in the mood. Anyway, the granola was quite good and while I prefer the lemonade vitaminwater, this orange one isn't bad either.)

Dinner on the plane (provided by Quantas Airline):
Cous cous salad w/red cabbage, dinner roll (didn't eat), strawberry cheesecake, Valrhona chocolate (didn't eat), water, ginger beer (didn't drink), chicken w/gravy (ate several forkfuls), peas & corn, potatoes (ate a forkful)
(Dinner roll was like a stone. The cheesecake was very creamy, but I didn't like the strawberry jam/gelatin thing on top. The chicken tasted sour, maybe due to the "gravy", and the potatoes were way overcooked.)
Close-up of the cous cous salad.
Close-up of the entree.
Close-up of the strawberry cheesecake.

No comments :

Post a Comment