Tuesday, July 23, 2013

23 July 2013

Pre-workout brekkie:
Green ginger tea
Post-workout brekkie:
Green ginger tea, Greek yogurt w/strawberries, golden kiwis, 1/2 avocado, milo powder
(Sounds like a weird combination, but it didn't taste terrible at all! Avocado doesn't really taste like anything and the malted choco barley covered most of the taste anyway. Also, this Greek yogurt isn't the usual thick Greek yogurt I'm accustomed to. It's more of the light, European yogurt that you'd find in Asian stores. I now know why Australians eat the outside of their kiwis as well; it's not furry! Or maybe that's because golden kiwis don't have furry skins... I don't know.)
Snack:
Dinner roll
 Snack:
Greek yogurt w/milo powder
(I swear I'm obsessed with this milo powder! I haven't had it since I was a kid, but I remember downing cups of "milo milk". The versions sold in America don't taste the same as this; I can probably eat this powder by the spoonful. Mmm. It claims to be an energy powder thing, but it's like malted chocolate on crack. Seriously addicting.)
 Snack:
Dinner roll
(The last one!)
 Snack from CBD Bakery, Melbourne, VIC, Australia:
Chili pie, tomato paste ("ketchup", didn't eat)
(Walked by this bakery, stopped to look at the window and tripped right into the store. So naturally I had to get something after completely embarrassing myself. I asked one of the employees for her recommendation, and she said all of their pies were very popular and that some had won awards. Their steak, cheese and onion pie didn't sound too appealing but their chili and curry ones did. The employee told me to definitely go with chili and I'm so glad I listened to her! Oh my god, this has to be one of the best chilis I've ever tasted, and I've had a lot. Like I love chili and I will literally eat chili and cornbread by the pot and pan. I thought I was going to need the tomato paste, but no way man. The pie dough was flaky and light, but held its structure while the chili was practically perfection. If it had been veggie chili, I would probably have ordered five of these pies a day. But anyway, the chili was thick but still soupy with a nice distribution of ground meat, onions and veggies. It didn't taste like tomato soup but it wasn't too smoky either. There was a perfect blend of spices and the heat level was spot on. Normally I complain about how the chili isn't spicy enough, but this chili had just the right amount. Mmm. I am actually quite glad I embarrassed myself because this pie was amazing.)
Close-up of the filling.
 Dinner:
Quinoa w/broccolini
 Snack:
Dark chocolate

2 comments :

  1. Oh man, golden kiwis are so wonderfully soft and sweet! Mm mm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think I'm going to be eating at least two a day! Mmm.

      Delete