Thursday, July 25, 2013

Happy birthday, Asmaa!

Brekkie:
Hot milo almond milk, Greek yogurt w/strawberries & milo powder
(Yay I finally get to drink hot milo! I wish Australia sold better quality almond milk, but this hot milo almond milk will do. The almond milk here is very watered down and actually quite hard to find. I went to three markets before finding some but there's a lot of regular milk, cream, soy milk and limited brands of rice milk.)
Snack:
Celery sticks, hummus w/pepper, toasted multigrain bread
(On a whim I decided to toast my bread slices and jeez, I really should have just done this from the beginning. Amazing doesn't even cover it. Warm, toasty, nutty and buttery from the seeds with some lingering savouryness from the poppyseeds? Count me in! I really had to stop myself from consuming the entire loaf.)
 Snack:
Gold kiwifruit
(Mmmm. Kiwifruit.)
 Snack:
Gold kiwifruit
 Snack:
Dark chocolate & cherry granola w/almond milk
 Snack:
Tim Tam from Miffy
(My first Tim Tam since being in Australia! So good. I think this is also the second time that I've had these without doing a slam. Still delicious. I have to stop myself from buying the whole lot.)
Snack:
Homemade butternut squash "chili" w/toasted multigrain bread
 Snack:
Pear
Late night reading snack:
Toast, hot milo almond milk
(Mmm such a good snack for reading math publications under the covers! Good thing this bread doesn't really have crumbs either!)

2 comments :

  1. Wow! You really do bite into the whole kiwi, skin and all! Impressed.

    Tim Tam slams..are those when you suck out the filling and use the cookie like a straw?

    I love Milo too! And Horlicks and Ovaltine. Anything malty I'm a fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, but only for a few seconds since you have the slam the cookie into your mouth before it disintegrates!

      Delete