Thursday, September 05, 2013

05 September 2013

Got to see the Mayo crew + Karl today! :)

Breakfast:
Overnight oats w/almond milk, cinnamon, black sesame powder & mung beans
Snack at Momo Sushi, Carlton, Melbourne, Australia:
Wasabi prawn roll
(Should be named fried prawn roll. There wasn't much wasabi in it at all. I did like the texture and flavour of the rice, although the grains itself weren't what I was used to. But the rice was moist and vinegary.)
 Snack:
Last bits of the cauliflower "rice" veggie medley w/lettuce, carrot
 Snack:
Mung bean walnut oatmeal w/almond milk, cinnamon, frozen banana slice & dates (ate about double the amount shown here)
(I found out that if I microwaved mung beans with oatmeal and some liquid, this sticky pudding cake-esque texture results. And I'm really into this texture right now. I feel like I'm eating something totally indulgent when I'm not really and it reminds me of these childhood Asian steamed cake things I used to eat. Happy thoughts, happy taste buds. The dates went so well with the mung bean and oatmeal combination! Strange mixture of flavours, but it totally works.)
Snack:
Frozen banana slice (2)
Snack:
Mung bean oatmeal  w/frozen banana chunks, cinnamon
(Microwaving oatmeal with mung beans makes this sticky pudding-like texture. I'm digging this!)

No comments :

Post a Comment