Friday, September 20, 2013

Happy birthday Kevin!

Post-run snack:
Spoonful of mung beans
Brunch at Zambrero in Union House at Uni Melb, Parkville, Melbourne, Australia:
Burrito w/rice, beans, a teensy bit of chicken, corn salsa, tomato salsa, jalapeno, lettuce, salsa verde & red chili sauce
(More like a glorified Mexican wrap, but whatever. The tortilla was suspiciously chewy, as in I could stretch it like taffy. It was weird. And the rice was very mushy, but not in a porridge-esque way. I think I knew that the ingredients wouldn't taste very good because I told them to load up on the jalapeno and red chili sauce, so the spice masked most of the other flavours. Setting myself up for disappointment from the beginning. One huge grievance was that the beans were completely mashed. It resembled bean soup almost. Ugh. But if I ever wanted some filling, Mexican-esque wrap, I'd actually go back and get one. The chewy tortilla still makes me nervous though.
Snack:
"Baked" pear w/cinnamon, a bit of cayenne pepper & topped w/"oatmeal crumble" & almond milk
(My personal celebration for Kevin's birthday; it's not baked in wine, but whatever. I think I'm going to make one tomorrow. It smelled like the holidays! I love cinnamon, like if I could put cinnamon on anything and always smell it, I would. Literally obsessed. My all-time favourite spice and flavour. And this pear was probably doused in two tablespoons of cinnamon. It was glorious. Juicy, sweet and tender flesh with a homey aroma... mmm.)
Snack:
Green tea w/black sesame mini pancakes
(I think I'm in my pancake phase, but these black sesame pancakes were so good.)
Snack:
Spiced black sesame mini pancakes
(Made these with a lot of cayenne pepper and boy, were they kickin'. Also realised that I could spread out the batter and make them super thin to make wraps! Yay for versatility. Mmm, black sesame wrap with mung beans, some quinoa and maybe some carrots. Ooh, I should make one tomorrow.)

No comments :

Post a Comment