Monday, February 03, 2014

03 February 2014

5AM snack:
Rest of the banana smoothie from yesterday
(A fire alarm went off a little before 4AM, and the entire building had to stand outside for over an hour because the maintenance people couldn't figure out how to turn off the alarm! After realizing that people were just entering the building because it was absolutely freezing outside, they let us in but told us to "mind the noise". I decided to just stay up afterward.)
 Breakfast:
Orange
Snack:
Almond croissant
(Figured  I should eat something before taking an exam.)
Exam snacks:
Banana, spearmints
Post-exam Grub from Whole Foods Market - Kensington, London, England:
Veggie "burrito"
(More like a veggie Mexican wrap, but I don't care. Comfort food and it's Whole Foods. I absolutely love Whole Foods and spent way too much money in here on overpriced items. This chain has a sentimental value to me though, so I don't mind too much.)
Random assortment of vegetarian dishes from Whole Foods (ate half)
(The hot food and salad bar! I've missed you! Well, not so much the salad bar because that's just way overpriced, but the hot food bar never fails. I got two cauliflower dishes, some quinoa salad dish, this purple yam dish and a pumpkin, azuki bean & feta cheese dish. The purple yams were a bit undercooked and one of the cauliflower dishes was a bit overcooked, but everything was super tasty. I was a bit hesitant about the pumpkin dish, but it turned out to be my favourite. The feta cheese was a bit strong though, so I definitely needed the other dishes to mellow out the cheese, but the flavour combination worked well overall.)

No comments :

Post a Comment