Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy birthday Michael!

Breakfast:
Green smoothie w/cinnamon & yogurt
(Banana, mixed greens, hemp protein powder, cinnamon, tumeric powder)
(I basically make a really concentrated form of a smoothie and later dilute it with almond milk, yogurt, juice or water before drinking it. I'm too lazy to clean the blender multiple times a day. And this way, I can have a smoothie in bed while reading research papers without doing much work!)
Snack:
Cracker w/tahini & chili powder
Snack:
Crackers (3)
Snack:
Sweet potato "chips", Irish steelcut oats w/veggies & chilli powder, broccoli stalk slices, roasted spiced aubergine w/tomato sauce
(I meant to make something else entirely, but got lazy. Irish steelcut oats are really good for stuffings and casserole-esque dishes because they can get really creamy without turning into a blob. So the oats and veggies taste kind of like a textured mash, or a failed creamy risotto since the toasted rice texture isn't there. Regardless, it makes my meal hearty! I also love eggplant because it's really fleshy and especially because it soaks up the flavour of whatever spice/sauce it's in. I personally think it's the greatest red meat substitute.)
Snack:
Roasted spiced aubergine, Irish steelcut oats w/veggies & tomato sauce
(Was webcamming with a friend and decided to go back for more.)

No comments :

Post a Comment