Thursday, February 27, 2014

Happy birthday Daniel!

Breakfast:
Fig & cranberry granola, cacao & tangerine granola, banana slices w/rice milk, cinnamon & pumpkin seed butter
(It was either breakfast or going to class late, and I chose breakfast. Literally scarfed this down in three minutes and believe me, granola is not something you should ever eat fast. My jaw was having a painful workout, but my tastebuds were having a ball. I need to get more of this granola!)
Lunch at itsu (around St. Paul), London, England: 
Veggie gyoza & udon soup topped w/roasted seeds
(Scoped out some venues for a birthday party with my friend and she suggested having lunch at this Japanese fast-food chain. The soup was too salty, but as per usual, I expected that.  What I didn't expect was the strong mushroom flavour and I'm not a big fan of mushrooms. It's a good thing most of the mushrooms were inside the gyozas  and that the broth was reeking of mushroom flavour. I wouldn't have enjoyed it if there was a lot of floating mushroom bits. The roasted seeds added an interesting flavour and texture to the soup, which almost made up for the mushroom flavour. Overall, it wasn't bad, but I probably would have diluted it with some hot water if I had any. And the gyoza filling could use some help. If I order this again, I would probably just ask them not to put in the broth.)
Snack:
Frozen banana w/pumpkin seed butter & cinnamon
(Delicious. Frozen fruit is always a hit.)
Snack:
Frozen banana w/pumpkin seed butter & cinnamon
Snack:
Almonds, lemon & ginger tea
Snack:
Pumpkin seeds

No comments :

Post a Comment