Monday, April 14, 2014

14 April 2014

Thao and I went to Camden today, and in a strange coincidence, I also ran into Lindsay - Kelly's flatmate from SF! What a small world.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal w/cinnamon (+oatmeal w/veggies, not pictured)
Sample from Cupcakes and Shhht in Camden Market, London, England:
Apple crumble biscuit
(Ridiculously sweet.)
Sample from a random Chinese food stall in Camden Market, London, England:
Veggie eggroll w/sweet & sour sauce
(The sauce was disgusting.)
Snack from Dessert Island in Camden Market, London, England: 
Sweet potato & almond cake (+sample of a chocolate beetroot cake, not pictured)
(I had a nice chat with the lady that ran this booth; she told me about how she just bought some stevia packets and was going to experiment with her baked goods. I then told her that my mother has a stevia plant and uses its leaves as a sweetener, so then we chatted about the possibility of her having her own stevia plant. Anyway, while her chocolate beetroot cake was nice, I really liked the flavour of the sweet potato  and almond cake. The crunch of the almond silvers and sweet potato morsels kept each bite exciting. Although the cake was somewhat sweet, it wasn't overwhelmingly so, and I could finish the entire slice without feeling parched. Another surprise was that it wasn't dry! Hurrah! My impromptu "birthday" cake was well-liked and incorporated two of my all-time favourite foods, so I'm super happy.)
Snack from inSpiral Lounge Café & Bar, London, England: 
(Vegan) mango lassi: fairtrade mangoes, activated almonds, chia seeds, vanilla, probiotics & dates
(It did not taste like mango lassi, but then again, I didn't really expect it to. This was much too sweet and tasted more like vanilla than mangoes. While I know I'm not allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients, I got a pretty bad reaction to this drink for some reason. Such a shame. However, I don't think I would have gotten the lassi again regardless.)

No comments :

Post a Comment