Sunday, April 06, 2014

Farvel København, hola Madrid!

 After years of numerous postcard exchanges, I finally get to reunite with my German "sister" in Madrid!

Breakfast:
Greek yogurt w/strawberries & oatmeal
Snack at Maestro Churrero, Madrid, Spain:
Churros con chocolate, Thao's porro con chocolate
(The Spanish eat churros for breakfast apparently. Kind of too sweet and oily for me, but this was a fun snack! I wish the chocolate sauce was made out of darker chocolate because it slowly became overwhelming, but I liked that the churros weren't sweetened.)
Mm, just look at that chocolate sauce.
Snack from La Yogurería in Mercado de San Miguel, Madrid, Spain:
Yogurt con cacahuete
(Frozen yogurt with peanuts! Not as tart as I would have preferred, but it's still tart so I'm happy. I also wish there had been fresh fruits, but I'm starting to realize that the Spanish have some sort of a sweet-tooth when it comes to desserts.)
Snack from Zumos in Mercado de San Miguel, Madrid, Spain:
Acai smoothie
Sample from La Cure Gourmande, Madrid, Spain:
Galleta de mantequilla rellena de praline de chocolate
Butter biscuit with chocolate praline filling
(The chocolate filling was a surprise, but it lightened up the heavy, buttery shortbread.)
Dinner:
Cous cous w/broccoli, cherry tomatoes, courgette & feta cheese
Some butter cookies

No comments :

Post a Comment