Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Excursión de un día a Toledo

Toledo is a really old town about 45km away from Madrid, so Thao and I are going on a short day trip!

Breakfast:

Apple slices & strawberry chunks w/Greek yogurt & oatmeal
Snack (bought from a dried fruit, nuts and Turkish desserts stand in Atocha Railway Station, Madrid, Spain): 
Dried pomelo and mangoes (didn't finish the pomelos)
Snack from Calama, Toledo, Spain:
Toledana
(A speciality in Toledo apparently. It's a shortbread-esque cookie with sugary bits on top and some sort of jam-esque filling. I couldn't figure out what flavour the jam was, and my Google search only produced one blog that stated it was a pumpkin filling. I have no idea, but the cookie itself was quite good. A bit crumbly and dry, but just the right size for consumption without any beverages. Another two bites would have been too much.)
Snack:
Apple
Snack from Pasteleria Santo Tomé, Toledo, Spain:
Mazapan
(Probably one of the best marzipans I've ever tasted. No wonder every gift shop sells marzipan here! The Danish one I tried several days ago was really sweet, but this one was very lightly sweetened - which was perfect for me! Thao and I passed by so many gourmet marzipan shops but many of them were closed for the afternoon, so I'm glad we got to try this shop's. I really liked this.)
Mazapan
Snack (from a random snack/souvenir shop in Toledo, Spain):
Mazapan
(Not as good and slightly sweeter than the "artisan" marzipans I bought earlier, but still delicious.)
Mazapan
Sample from The Green Store, Toledo, Spain:
Sip of Thao's horchata
(Too sweet and not enough spices for me.)
Dinner:
Apple slices w/some oatmeal & Greek yogurt
(There was more apple than oatmeal and yogurt.)

No comments :

Post a Comment