Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happy World Book Day!/ Hei, Drammen!

What a fitting celebration, as I finished reading the twenty-one books in my GoodReads challenge (yay!) and it's Shakespeare's birthday/death.

Also, happy birthday to my "twin", Caroline! :)

I'm travelling up to Drammen, Norway in a few hours to reunite with my Norwegian family. The last time I saw them was almost twenty years ago, so my nerves are a bit shot.

Breakfast:
Apple, kale, lime & ginger juice
(Finished up my twenty-first book, The Stranger by Albert Camus, whilst drinking this. Challenge completed! I'm on a roll this year!)
Chocolate oatmeal
Snack (at my uncle & aunt's place in Norway!):
Mini "apples"
(These aren't really apples, but that's what my aunt and cousin call them. Their texture is similar to apples but they're really sour; they taste sort of like a Granny Smith apple dipped in lemon juice.)
Dinner:
Viet sweet & sour soup w/rice
(Aw, I haven't had traditional Viet food in so long! I also learned the proper way of eating rice: you add the soup to the rice, not the rice to the soup. I've always done it the opposite way because I'm more likely to finish the soup than the rice.)
Okra (didn't finish), fried cod
Snack:
Vanilla yogurt w/blueberries
Snack:
Apple

No comments :

Post a Comment