Thursday, April 17, 2014

Happy birthday, Jenny!

Breakfast:
Baked apple & spinach  pb oatmeal
Sample from Comptoir Gourmand in Borough Market, London, England:
Brownie, chocolate chip biscuit
Sample from a cheese stall in Borough Market, London, England:
Comte cheese
(I think Comte cheese is one of my new favourites.)
Dinner (bought from Beatroot Cafe, London, England): 
Assorted vegetarian food: chickpea curry, barley salad, carrot-based shepherd's pie
(I didn't eat all of this since I wanted to use it as more of a "sauce".)
Some of the assorted veg food (from above) w/carrot batons, falafels & chili powder
(The hot food I purchased from Beatroot was a bit salty, but the carrots and falafels I added helped balance out the flavour. Good food, but definitely not something I would have been able to eat on its own nor go out of my way to buy.)
Snack:
Cucumber
Late night snack:
Cadbury creme egg (shared w/Thao, didn't eat the filling)
(An Easter thing here. I found it rather disappointing. Both Thao and I did not like the filling, which was marshmellow-esque and even had a "yolk" part.)

No comments :

Post a Comment